U11 Lesson Plans
In order to make practices run smoothly and be fun, it is important for coaches to have a basic understanding of the intellectual, emotional and physical developmental stage of the players we are coaching. Here are some typical characteristics of the Under 11 player.
- Attention span lengthens and they start to show the ability to sequence thoughts and actions.
- They start to think ahead and think “If this, then that”.
- More inclined towards wanting to play soccer rather than being told to play.
- Demonstrate increased self-responsibility.
- They start to recognize fundamental tactical concepts.
- Begin to become aware of peer pressure.
- Players affiliate with their team or their coach.
- There is a wide continuum of maturity evident on most teams.
- This is still a crucial age for technical skill development.
Below are targeted Tactical Lesson Plans designed for the U10-U11 player.
TACTICAL TRAINING SESSIONS (SPRING 2019):
TACTICAL TRAINING SESSIONS (FALL 2019):
Weekly Lesson Plans Published by Massachusetts Youth Soccer
GRASS-ROOTS EDUCATION: PLAY-PRACTICE-PLAY
THE FOOTBALL SKILLS COACH Taught by Joe Flurry - UEFA qualified professional football coach. Step by step video tutorials for 1v1 Moves, Turns and Ball Mastery techniques taught by elite football clubs.
US YOUTH SOCCER - "THE NOVICE COACH"
US Youth Soccer - "The Novice Coach - U6 - U8" US Youth Soccer's Coaching Education staff shows you how to get started teaching soccer to young players.